diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Baseball



Baseball:
2 leagues, 14 teams, more than 100 games ...
For the first time I went to see a baseball game when the season began. It is a very simple sport complicated by rules of the federation with little physical contact or resistance. Demands for strong arms and legs for both speed and strength for batters and pitchers. As I got near the ticket pitch my first experience was quite impressive.
It is customary in this country to make a party in the parking lot before the game. Families and friends come to the stadium hours before the game with their huge truks full of beer and meat to barbecue. Tends, music speakers, chairs and barbecues everywhere. Fans create their own party making me understand the origins of "pre-game". Well eaten and drunk, fans enter the stadium pass 6pm. Our seats are 10 rows from the field, no more than 7 meters from the benches; awesome. Before the game, and while the audience tries to find their seats, as in any other game, the fun begins in the stands. It continues between each inning. Mean while the screens show games and raffles to keep us all entertained
In the first Athletics (A's) game they won by 8 to 0 and the second by 12 to 0. Since then  my friends fans of the A's I consider "Our lucky charm" as if the presence of my freezing ass in the stadiumand my applause changed the team efforts and luck. But the truth is that seeing a  team win, always leaves you wanting more so I want the A’s to make it to the playoffs so I can have the full experience.

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada