diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Chapter 20: after national day

It was Monday afternoon and I was excited about the prospects for a possible mass demonstration the next day. Tuesday September 11 morning I woke up early for class and I could not read the newspapers until noon. But since then things were very active and they had already announced the first figures with more than a million participants. I was excited to tell someone that my country finally agreed with my views that we should be free. It was a great moment but there was no one who shared and understood what this meant. Couldn’t wait for Saturday to come so and to be able to meet with other Catalans celebrate the day and finally someone to share the excitement of the potential consequences of a moment like that.
During the week it had enough between classes and work, and all duties and assignments. Friday we had a big concert and part of my job was to design and create the right atmosphere with lights. We have been preparing all week, deciding what material should hire and how everything would be mounted. Friday I spent 5 hours working non-stop but finally we have good results.
Saturday was no less of a day and finally I met Catalans were more my age that weren’t family guys. We introduced to each other and talk about what they were doing in the bay, views on climate of city and a new culture. And of course lets not forget the comments on the demonstration and expectations of independence and all changes. There were all kinds of opinions but mostly nationalist independence. I was rather surprised, two days ago everyone looked like I was too naive to believe the independence of Catalonia, but now everyone agrees to it.
Sunday I went with some friends to Dolores Park to another picnic. Luckily the sun was shining and the temperature quite pleasant as usually happens Mission district. After lunch we had ice cream on a very famous place (the queue was round the corner) and we tried most of the flavors, they were unique. Luckily they were really good and it reminded me of Jijonenca in El Port de la Selva. I wanted to return to be able to go to summer Port with  the Toutoune and and get ice cream in the evening walk.
The quiet weekend was followed by a fairly busy week. The classes began to demand more work and more work at work, because we had an event called Noise Complaint, which is basically to set up a dance floor. In this case it was in a sort of huge warehouse where the library had been temporarily during construction of the official building, and now the intention is to doing events for students. The challenge was that it had to be the best Noise Complaint ever, so our department in charge of organizing all the events there as well. We had to prove we could do good work and have extraordinary results. And we did, now we just need to see the decision to take the university.
That was Friday night. I spent Saturday cleaning the house me and thinking about how to put the mattress for my second visit to sleep. I did not have time to do laundry but the floor looked new. Sunday was another day in the sun at lunch Alameda where I went with a friend from the university, she’s Catalan too. Quite a lot of people came and it was a great day. Everyone ended up very happy and having a good time. I got a sleeping bag and bed sheets for the second visit and found that indeed there was no need to change old bills to use them (I have not tried yet officially).

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada