diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Sailing

Sailing in the bay.
It was her birthday and I was looking for ideas online. Just a month ago we had Christmas, first time I understod how difficult it had been for the people around me having my birthday only 20 days after the three wise man.
I always thought that activities is a good gift; as my father who took my mother boating on her saint day, I found an offer to sail the bay. Sailing? At sunset? Perfect!
I bought two tickets and here are the results:
Feel the wind, waves, sun ... the smell of the sea, the wind speed, the rhythm of the waves, the reflection of the sun setting. Get lost in the inmensity, wind taking the noise away, be able to sing in the wind and nobody hears. Only you sliding on ocean at the pace that the wind sets you towards anywhere. "Where to Grandpa?" "Where there’s a captain ..." "No sailor rules .... but where should we go?" "Where would you like to go? Aren’t you the one on the helm?" Memories so many years ... Born to live in the sea, the ocean looks so different, aggressive and powerful, suitable for this coast, culture, as the Mediterranean does for us.
As we returned at night was windy and wet, both my hands were frozen but it was so worth it. We went to eat at a pizza place in Sausalito and by chance they were shoing Formula 1 on TV. She asked why I liked it so much. I had never thought about it but I guess I liked the strategy, speed, engineering, but mostly I liked to spend Sundays watching it with the family, especially with my father.

   
  

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada