diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Chapter 2: First week of class

IMG_20151005_124027[1].jpgFirst week of class. Well it was not exactly classes. It was a week of orientation “inductions”, explaining how the system works, the spaces, and what is expected of us and in between all we made presentations about our projects and backgrounds to get to know each other better.


It turns out that we are a group of nine people, all from different backgrounds so there are all kinds of ideas and specialties. This is one of the things I like the most! During orientations we got a chance to talk amongst ourselves and the truth is that everyone seems quite happy with the group and eager to see what everyone is going to present. To tell you more or less everyone’s background I will give you a quick list: two girls from China work on costumes and fashion but in very different artistic lines. An Israeli woman also works a little wardrobe but she also does scenery and direction. A guy originally from Brazil, but that has lived more or less everywhere, especially in Africa and Europe, he does dance but the band choreography. Another guy from London but born in Rwanda is also a dancer and does more of a performance side. A girl from Romania who is an actress. Iran girl is a composer and musician. And girl cannot remember where she was born but has lived in the Netherlands wants to direct. And finally I want to do that Lighting.IMG_20151008_222249[1].jpg
Regarding the university it’s a huge building and it has space for everything, obviously there are theaters or areas to do what they call here a "performances." There are also video and photography studios; a rather large library with a huge amount of books on art and on any technique; costume lab and wardrobe; Scene shop etc The spaces are thought so we can work in our projects with as many resources as possible. This made everyone start thinking about projects to do either for class or outside.
IMG_20151005_130455[1].jpgAnd what about my life? Well I spent most of the week in Orientation but I got to know people and start asking for work wherever possible. I’ve been working more on my CV, doing last touches. Also I have been struggling with the boxes that never seem to arrive from the States. And I finally got the money so I went to Ikea to get some shelves and a chair that wasn’t likely to break if I sat on it.
Next week we start a classes but we still have some orientation. Also the photo lab wants to show me how to use the dark room in case I want to use it in the future. I seem to be the only one with experience with it in my group.
At home everything is a bit like the first week. The girl that was living here left and another girl came. I haven’t had as much time as before spent half of the day watching the garden but I did have the time time to meet three cats that roam the garden. I wonder if they would mind if I worked on the garden. Maybe I could grow some vegetables we’ll see.
On a last note I wanted to tell you that I would try to write every week with news and stories. I will try to deliver every Sunday or Monday. You can subscribe if you want to receive it in the email.
IMG_20151010_154554[1].jpgminuts

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada