diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Chapter 23: 5 'till places

Another time to the theater. This time behind the black curtains masking the gears that make theater happen. For the first time, I have to press more than one button; running on stage with lights, remove one take another, bring the haze ...
Who thought that backstage light would be as bright as seen on stage
Having completed the design of "The Learned Ladies" (images) I embarked on the last theater project at the university: "Into the Woods," a work so famous that even Disney has made a  film. With actors that I have already work with, designers that had become friends, and one of the best stage managers in school and well renound director. My job? Basically make sure that the lighting design, made on paper, became a reality. In this case also, there were a lot more than just hanging lights. The creative part was reduced to almost nothing taking over with all my technical knowledge. It was a nice change.
For good (or bad) during my design I had to take over many of the functions of the Master Electrician. There were some mistakes done that helped me prevent from doing them as Master Electrician on the secon show. In that case I also put lights on stage and create the fog and some special effects. Very entertaining and a great experience for the future!
All this experience has helped me to better prepare myself as a designer, programmer and Master Electrician. Working in all those roles just before gradating just reinforce the idea that this is what I wan tto do. It was an amazing experience that I want to continue for some time. Now there are only two more shows, then strike and go home.

Visit my website to see more pictures of my designs and my experience: www.fredbp.com
   

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada