diumenge, 18 d’octubre del 2015

Chapter 1: New beggining



  

New city, new people, new country, new places to get lost. To me, moving feels almost like a routine. Done some many times I already know what to expect, what are the priorities upon landing. Every country is different, is true, but immigrating is always the same. You are left with the same feelings. Now the biggest difference is the closeness to home, to be able to say “I will come get this later”, to be able to say, “call me when you can cause” we are on the same time zone, to be able to watch the news as they air… One of the things I like best is to wake up in the morning and drink my tea while I watch the sun come through the windows and on my backyard.


London is not a city that I have never seen before but I have never visit it in depth. It fascinates its architecture, the trains that run over and underground. The parks so green and quiet. There is so many people everywhere but fortunately no one desires to be touched and so you can walk easily between crowds. 
On the first day I decided to go to the university too see what world was expecting me. I took the train at my quiet station Bounds Green and I got down at King’s Cross. I have to explain that this station communicates all the trains coming from London airports, Europe and England besides almost all the underground lines. That means there is a huge crowd over and underground and everyone walks with purpose because what matters is to get to the destination fast. I simply cruised through the crowd because I didn’t had any idea where I was going. It turns out I was just going up a ramp, is not even a street. The university is a big square building with some windows. Modern architecture, full of modern struggling artists… was I going to fit? Turns out you can actually talk to this people as I discovered when I was trying to get through enrolment, so maybe is not going to be as bad…
This artsy world is new to me and so is difficult to get in when you don’t know many people. And so, I have spent the first week trying to open a bank account, get my Student ID, a phone, an oyster card (transportation) and figuring out my CV to get a job. Someone suggested I might have luck if I go to the theatres and let them know that I have experience and I am willing to work and so I am trying that too.

In general is been a good normal first week but now I am left hungry for more.


0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada